This is by far my favorite recipes of Sweet Potato Brownies! This is really a guilt-free treat! Not only is it good for you, but it is absolutely delicious! These brownies are great for weight control and sweet tooth control. I struggle with a sweet tooth and a bloated stomach at times, so I find this recipe perfect. A good friend of mine, The Awakened Woman, (www.awakenedwomanhealing.com) introduced this recipe to me when I was complaining about how I can’t help but eat chocolate! This is a total game changer.
If you struggle with inflammation in the body, sweet cravings, gluten or dairy, this is by far the best brownie recipe for you!
- Prep Time: 30 Min
- Cook Time: 45 Min
- Total: 1 Hour 25 Min
Let’s get started!
I love to get all of my organic ingredients online. Here are the links to the
ingredients I use when I bake!
- 150 Grams of Sweet potato puree
- 1 medium size Banana
- 40 Grams of Cacao Powder
- 50 Grams of Almond flour
- 140 Grams of Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons of Stevia /Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 50 Grams of Baking Dark Chocolate
Method: Brownie Base
1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Take a small pot to boil water.
When the water is reaching a boil and the oven is heating, peel sweet
potatoes and then chop them in 1-2 inch discs. Place the sweet potatoes
into the boiling water and wait 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
2) While the sweet potatoes are cooking, place the banana, peanut butter and
vanilla extract into a bowl and mix. I like to use a fork to mash the banana
and then a whisk to mix everything together.
3) In a separate bowl, take all the dry ingredients such as the Cacao powder, almond flour, baking powder and stevia. Mix well.
4) Once sweet potatoes are cooked, add them to the banana, peanut butter
and vanilla bowl. Mix well.
5) Once mixed, take the dry ingredients and add them to the other bowl. Mix until it is very thick and looks like batter.
6) Take a small oven safe baking tray and spread the batter around evenly.
7) Place in the oven for 45 minutes
1) Take the remaining of the sweet potatoes and place them in a clean bowl.
2) Take a pot and boil water. Place a heat safe mixing bowl on top of the pot.
3) Add dark chocolate until it melts
4) Add sweet potato and mix it well..
5) Once brownies have been fully cooked, (check by sticking a fork into the brownies, pull out and if there is nothing remaining on the fork, then they are ready!) allow the brownies to cool down.
6) Once brownies are cooled, spread the icing on top of the brownies.
Benefits of the Starch
Sweet potatoes are so underrated! They are very versatile and delicious. These gorgeous potatoes are high in vitamin A, fiber and antioxidants. This powerful combination sweet potato nutrients has to offer, it creates an anti-inflammatory reaction within the body and fights free radicals.
Almond flour is a great alternative if you have a gluten allergy or just want to stay away from gluten. This flour has a high content of proteins, amino acids, and minerals!
Benefits of the Natural Sweeteners
Bananas are known for their potassium, but they’re so much more than that! Not only are they delicious but they also fight infections, help circulation and fight depression. These beauties are so healthy and so sweet! I believe they are an excellent sweet ingredient.
Stevia is a great refined sugar substitute for those who wish to lower their blood sugar level, maintain oral health and manage weight! I personally cannot tell a big difference from regular sugar to stevia and if it is better for me, then I am definitely choosing this!
I was shocked when I found out the health benefits of vanilla extract! I honestly thought it was just a sweet ingredient, but it’s so much more than that! Vanilla extract benefits include: stress relief, antioxidants and is a healthier alternative to sugar!
Benefits of the Beans
Cacao powder is a huge beneficial ingredient within these awesome brownies! But make no mistakes, cacao and cocoa powder are similar but one has more nutrients than the other, can you guess which one that is? Cacao! You were right 🙂 Cacao powder is made by milling raw cacao beans at the lowest temperature, retaining the highest amount of nutrients. Cocoa powder is milled at very high temperatures, which unfortunately lowers the nutrient content. Cacao powder has benefits including; antioxidants, reducing PMS symptoms, detoxification of the liver and reduces stress.
Who doesn’t love peanut butter?! It is so tasty , creamy and healthy! Peanut butter is a great source of protein, which is amazing if you are looking to build muscle. Peanut butter also may reduce the risk of breast disease and boost immunity.
This ingredient is last, but certainly not least! Dark chocolate is highly nutritious and filled with antioxidants. If you ever have a craving for chocolate, dark chocolate should be your go to, as it can improve brain function, may improve blood pressure and heart health.
This is so easy and delicious! Feel free to add or subtract any ingredients to satisfy your taste! Thank you so much for visiting and I hope to see you soon!